Kaltura – Video Creation and Sharing
Kaltura is our newest campus-wide video management system. Kaltura is available in all Canvas courses, instructors can start testing and learning how to use this system starting in 2019.
Important Notice: Users of DU VideoManager, DU CourseMedia videos (excluding images and audio), TechSmith Relay, Relay Wrangler, and faculty who are using videos in Canvas, will be impacted by the transition over to Kaltura, which will be a campus-wide rollout beginning in the Fall Quarter of 2019.
- Canvas course integration
- Upload videos, images and audio files into Canvas using Kaltura.
- Apply quiz questions to videos to ensure your students are understand the content.
- Organize and share content for students using playlist features.
- Check analytics to monitor which students are watching your course videos.
- Add video questions to increase viewer engagement with your video content.
- Edit the automatic video captions that get applied to all videos in Kaltura.
- Share you videos with other University as a co-editor or co-publisher.
How can I learn more and who to contact?
- Canvas-Kaltura User Guide (PDF)
- Kaltura how-to articles on the OTL Knowledge Base
- Kaltura Knowledge Base
- Send your Kaltura questions to any of these people:
- Alex Martinez – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rich Path – email@example.com
- Nicolas Pares – firstname.lastname@example.org (University College)
- Allison O’Grady -allison.OGrady@du.edu (University College)