Students will be required to purchase a license for Top Hat. The cost is $24 for access for four months or $36 for 12 months, and $72 access for 5-years. Subscriptions can be purchased through the Bookstore with any accepted form of payment (including financial aid) OR online at the Top Hat web site with a major credit card.
Additional information for students can be found on the Top Hat student support page.
- Go to TopHat.com and select the green Student Sign up button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Find and select the University of Denver in the “Find your school” dropdown or enter your 6-digit course code provided by the instructor and click Next.
- Enter your Account Details and click Next.
- Enter in your DU ID to be used for grading and click Next.
- Enter your mobile phone number (if you choose) to verify question responses using Text Messaging. Text Messaging is available as an option for students who do not have or choose not to use their web enabled device. Feel free to skip this step if you will be using a web enabled device. Click Next or Skip this step to continue.
- Find your course and click the blue Enroll tab to the right of the course and instructor name to access that course in Top Hat. After enrolling, you will be automatically redirected to the payment-processing page. You can purchase a 4-month or 5-year subscription by clicking the “Buy Now” button.
Once your account has been created, you can access Top Hat from any web enabled device including phone, laptop, or tablet by logging in at TopHat.com.
Search the Apple store or Google Play to download the Top Hat app on your phone. If you are using a tablet, such as an iPad, navigate to tophat.com in your browser to login.