What is Fuse?
TechSmith Relay Fuse is a free mobile app that allows people to record and publish videos using their smartphone or tablet device. Watch this video to learn about Fuse: https://www.techsmith.com/tutorial-techsmith-relay-recording-with-fuse.html.
In order to use Fuse at DU, please contact the OTL tech support team for help.
When using TechSmith Relay Fuse at the University of Denver, please follow these instructions:
- Download the Fuse app for your smartphone on your device app store. Install and start the app to get started with your recording.
- Turn your smartphone or mobile device horizontally.
- Get as close as possible to record the best audio quality.
- After you have recorded your video, click the Arrow, and then the Share link on your screen. Click the TechSmith Relay button and then click Connect to TechSmith Relay link. If “Invalid SSL Certificate” message pops up… click Continue
- The server URL is: capture.du.edu
- Enter your DU ID number and temporary password that was sent to you by your instructor.
- Once you are logged into the Relay server, select the profile called HD Profile.
- Add your video title and short description.
- You will receive an email from the Relay system once your video is ready to be viewed online. Click the View link to view your video.
- Share your video using the view link in the email.
- Minimize distracting background audio.
- Ask your video interviewee to speak up during the recording.
- Turn your camera horizontally when recording.
- Hold your phone steady, tuck your elbows in and move slowly using your waist to pivot.
- Learn more about taking good smartphone videos by viewing this tutorial ->