There’s a special way to load videos onto Canvas that won’t take up your course storage space. The ideal video format is mp4. This 2 minute video demonstrates how to load the videos into a Canvas page or follow the steps below. In the demonstration video, a recorded Zoom meeting saved on the computer desktop is being upload but you can substitute the steps to find your MP4 video if you’ve used another recording tool.
Option A: Using the Canvas Record/Upload Media Tool
- Create a Page in your Canvas course to store the videos.
- Use the Record/Upload Media tool in the Page to load the video
- Save or Save And Publish the page
Option B: Using video embed code from YouTube, DU VideoManager or some other video provider:
- Video embed code can be added into several areas within Canvas (Modules, Pages, Syllabus, Quizzes).
- Copy the video iframe embed code. Depending on the video system (YouTube, DU VideoManager etc) this step will be a little different in each platform.
- Go to the area you wish to embed your video within Canvas.
- Within the “Text Editor”, click the “HTML Editor”.
- Paste the iframe embed code into the “Text” box.
- Press Save.
Copy the video embed code and press “Submit” button.