How do students upload their course related videos?
- Use DU VideoManager (http://videomanager.du.edu) it’s a free DU resource for students and instructors to upload video content.
- DU VideoManager allows instructors to create a private video group for their students.
- An instructor can add a Course Registration Number (CRN) to quickly add students into a video group.
How are video groups created in DU VideoManager?
- Login at http://videomanager.du.edu . Only instructors and staff can create a video group.
- Click “I Want To… Create Group”.
- Complete the Group Form (Name, Permission Levels, Course Number, Notification Settings).
- Add your course CRN number and select the correct term, this will import all your students in the group.
- DU VideoManager Groups provides two levels of access. By default, the person uploading the video and group manager(s) can see the videos. The second option is to allow all group members to see the videos in that particular group.
- Inform your student to login at http://videomanager.du.edu to upload their videos. They will see a upload button near their video group.
- If you are uploading a video on behalf of a student, make sure you re-assign the video ownership to that particular student. This is done on the video player page (see image below).
How can students upload videos to DU VideoManager?
- It’s recommended that students upload their video on campus or from a location that has high speed Internet.
- We recommend using Zoom to record your video. Scroll down to learn more about Zoom.
- Login at DU VideoManager at http://videomanager.du.edu .
- Scroll down the page and click the “Upload Video to Group” button for your class group.
- On the video upload page, click the “Select File” button on the “Upload Video to Group” page and then press “Upload File” button.
- Once your video has been uploaded, an email will automatically notify you about the status of your video.
- Instructors will receive an automatic email when a group video has been upload by a student.
- Videos should be smaller than 1GB. If you need to compress your video to a smaller size, use the free program called Handbrake. View Handbrake how-to article.
What are the options for recording video?
1. Use ZOOM for recording video
- What is Zoom? Zoom is a free video conference software for PC and Mac users. It can record your computer webcam, computer screen or online web conference meeting. You’ll need to press the Zoom recording button to record your meeting.
- Zoom allows users to either record and save their video on their local hard-drive or in the Cloud. If you just want to record your meeting and send the video to someone, use the Cloud recording option. If you need to upload a video in DU VideoManager to allow others to add video timeline comments, you need to will record a video using a webcam, smartphone or video camera. We recommend using Zoom and your computer webcam to record videos because computers tend to have more storage space than smartphones.
- Zoom will automatically compress your video after you end the meeting.
- How do I get Zoom? Visit this page for a free download – https://udenver.zoom.us/
- Detail “local recording” instructions are located at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Local-Recording
- Once you have your local video recorded on your computer, go to DU VideoManager (http://videomanager.du.edu) and upload it.
2. DU VideoManager Webcam Recorder:
- If you have a stable and fast Internet connection, you can use our webcam recorder tool located within DU VideoManager – http://videomanager.du.edu
- Scroll down the page and locate your private video group.
- Press “Webcam Recording”.
- Select your webcam from the drop down menu.
- Select your microphone.
- Press the big red button.
- Press Stop to stop recording
- Give the video a name and press “Save Recording”.
Last updated: 4/27/2018