What is this?
We built this tool to make it easy for instructors and students to record video using their computer webcam. This tool works for students enrolled in a video group and for instructors via the I Want menu option -> WebCam Recorder. Comments can be added to group videos to provide student feedback.
When to use it?
- Student presentations
- Language development
- Public speaking rehearsal
- Skills performance (musical or interviewing)
- Private interviews with people
- Instructor welcome video for online students
Faculty Member Instructions
- Make sure you have a computer webcam.
- Log in to DU VideoManager – http://videomanager.du.edu
- Click I want to… and select Webcam Recording.
- Follow the instructions listed on the webcam recording page.
- After you are done recording, press the “save recording” button.
- You will receive an email when your video is ready for viewing. In that email, click the link that is provided.
- Complete the required fields on the video form to get access to the video sharing option. You have two options to share your video. 1) A private url or 2) the video embed code. Private group videos can only be seen by members enrolled in that video group.
Who to Contact?
For any questions, please send an email to email@example.com