- Professors ask questions.
- Students submit responses via WiFi or SMS using their own devices (phones, laptops, tablets, etc.)
- Results are shown in real-time.
For additional information, take a look at the Top Hat Classroom Engagement Features
- No clickers required. Students use their own devices including phones, laptops, or tablets to participate in polls.
- Multiple choice, matching, sorting, numeric, click-on-target, and word answer questions allow you to assess student comprehension in a variety of ways.
- Students can participate for grades or remain anonymous based on instructor settings.
- When used, grades are kept in real-time and can be synced into Canvas (a single grade column) or exported to Excel for multiple grade columns
- Assign questions for homework to assess student understanding and guide your in-class instruction.
- Designate questions for review to help your students prepare for upcoming assessments.
- Promote interaction through live discussion that gives every student a voice.
- Students can help answer peer questions or vote for questions to be addressed by the instructor.
- Because Top Hat is web-based, discussions can continue after class promoting student engagement.