TechSmith Relay and DU VideoManager will be phased out in 2020. We have some suggestions on how to best transfer your videos over to Kaltura. If you have a small number of videos (1-10) videos located in TechSmith Relay or DU VideoManager, please follow these instructions on how to manually transfer your videos:
TechSmith Relay to Kaltura
- Log in to DU Wrangler http://wrangler.du.edu to download your TechSmith Relay videos.
- Download the recordings you still need.
- Activate Kaltura in your Canvas course.
If you have not yet activated Kaltura in your Canvas course, please see this article “Activate Kaltura in your Canvas Course“
- Upload your video(s) into your Canvas-Kaltura account. For instructions, view “Kaltura – Adding a Single Video to Your Canvas Course”.
DU VideoManager to Kaltura
If you have less than 10 videos that you want transferred to Kaltura, please follow these instructions on how to manually transfer your videos:
- Log into DU VideoManager http://videomanager.du.edu
- Navigate to the video player page, and press the Prepare to Download button below the video player.
- Press the Click to Download button to open up video on full page.
- The video should open up on its own page. Using your mouse or keypad, right-click on the video and select Save As.
- Upload file(s) to Kaltura via Canvas. If you have not yet activated Kaltura in your Canvas course, please see this article: “Activate Kaltura in your Canvas course“.
- Upload your video(s) into your Canvas-Kaltura account. For instructions, view “Kaltura – Adding a single video to your Canvas course”.
Bulk Uploading Videos into Kaltura
If you have a large number of TechSmith Relay or DU VideoMananger videos that need to be moved over to Kaltura, follow these instructions:
- Identify the videos you still need.
- Tag your videos: In DU VideoManager, please make sure your video title, tags, and description are completed. Tags are especially important because tags are used to filter videos in Kaltura. Here are some examples of tags:
- Course Name and Course Number
- Contact Alex Martinez at alex.martinez@du edu to discuss the bulk transfer process.