DU has a Tier 1 Support contract with Instructure Canvas, which provides 24/7 access to technical support from Canvas staff. Tier 1 support cannot assist you with password resets, DU email, or any other DU-specific technical issues. The IT Help Center is the only entity that can reset your DU passcode.
After you login to Canvas, you may access these resources via the “Help” link on the lower left menu of your Canvas screen.
You have several options:
- Ask Your Instructor a Question: A message will be sent to all the teachers and teaching assistants in the course you select.
- Search the Canvas Guides: this should be your first stop, especially for “how-to” questions. The guides are indexed, easy to search, and always up to date. This is likely to be the quickest way for you to get the answer you are looking for.
- Canvas Support Hotline (Students): a toll-free number unique to DU students for speaking directly with Canvas Support
- Chat with Canvas Support (Students): opens a live online chat session with Canvas Support.
- Canvas Support Hotline (Faculty): a toll-free number unique to DU faculty for speaking directly with Canvas Support
- Chat with Canvas Support (Faculty): opens a live online chat session with Canvas Support.
- Report a Problem: will generate a ticket with Canvas and should be primarily used for reporting bugs or errors.
- Ask The Community: will direct you to the Canvas user forums, where you can review and discuss feature requests, best practices, etc.
- Submit a Feature Idea: if you have an idea to improve Canvas, you can submit it here.
- Zoom Webconference Support: The phone number to call for help with Zoom.