Zoom allows you to save your meeting recording on your local hard drive or online “cloud”. This option is available to all instructors, staff and students.
Benefits of cloud recording:
- Easy to share video recording via unique web link.
- Add a password to your recording for extra security.
- Automatic captioning is generated on your video with 80-90% accuracy.
- Searchable audio transcript to locate keywords within the meeting.
- Interactive audio transcript allows users to click on a time based transcript.
- Trim the video recording by using the “Set Playback Range” feature.
- Display captions on the video player if you want to see them.
- The meeting host can download their video if they wish. Please note that you can not re-upload a Zoom recording to the cloud.
Benefits of local recording:
- Higher video quality files that you can further edit using your favorite video editor software.
- The meeting host can allow multiple people to record the meeting on their computer.
- Quick off-line access to your recorded meeting on your local computer.
- Post a higher quality video to YouTube, Vimeo or Kaltura (coming Summer 2018)