This article covers:
- Why are my Zoom recordings in MediaSpace now?
- Will anyone be able to see my Zoom recordings?
- How can I selectively share my Zoom recordings with MediaSpace?
- Can I edit the video?
- How can I see who is watching my shared video?
Why are my Zoom recordings in MediaSpace?
As of March 23, 2022, all Zoom Cloud recordings will automatically be imported to your DU MediaSpace account, which is also made accessible via Canvas. Your Zoom recordings are now Kaltura Media and can be found in your My Media. The My Media feature offers additional capabilities compared to Zoom, such as video editing, comprehensive cataloging capabilities, usage analytics, search capabilities, a quizzing tool, and larger storage capacity. By default, the Zoom host will become the video owner and the video will be private.
Will anyone be able to see my Zoom recordings?
No, all imported Zoom recordings will automatically be set as private in DU MediaSpace. Only you can see them until you decide to share them via a direct link or publishing them in a channel.
How can I selectively share my Zoom recordings in MediaSpace?
Your Zoom recordings are now Kaltura Media, you can share your Zoom recordings from your My Media page via a direct link, embed code, or publishing your video in a channel.
Share with a direct link:
- Click video Title.
- Click Actions, select Publish, then select Unlisted. Unlisted means that anyone with the share link can view the video.
- Click Share and select Link to Media Page.
- Copy link and begin sharing.
Check out these articles for more sharing options:
Can I edit the video?
Yes, the video owner and co-editor(s), can edit video and audio clips. The Kaltura video editor tool allows you to trim the beginning, middle or end of the video and add interactive quizzes. In Details you can edit to the Title, Description, and tags.
Access the Video Editor Tool:
- My Media, select the video you wish to edit.
- Click Actions, and select Edit.
- Click Launch Editor, and the editor page will open.
- Begin editing your video!
For more detailed instructions on editing your Kaltura video see this article: Learn more about the Kaltura Editor tool.
How can I see who is watching my shared video?
Now that your Zoom recording is Kaltura media, you can see video analytics in your My Media. You can see who is logged in and viewing your video, number of unique views, engagement over time, and more.
- From My Media select the video you wish to see analytics for.
- Click Actions and select Analytics.
- Analytics page will open, begin viewing video metrics.