Kaltura allows you to upload and share video, images. and audio files within your Canvas course. You can share your media on Canvas pages, discussion boards, assignments, and the Kaltura Media Gallery.
Adding Media Using the Canvas Text Editor
This is the fastest way to add a new media object (video, audio or image) to a Canvas course page.
- In your Canvas course, go to Modules and click the + symbol.
- Select Page from the options. Your video should be placed on a Canvas page.
- Press Add Item. You will be sent back to the Module page and from there click on the title of your new page to edit the page.
- Click the Plug symbol and select Embed Kaltura Media
- After selecting Embed Kaltura Media a window will open with several options. From here you can add a new item by clicking Add New or select an existing media item that has been already uploaded into Kaltura.
Note: If you are uploading a new video, this step can take 5-15 minutes to publish because the video has to be optimized for streaming on the web.
- Press the Save & Publish or Save.