Kaltura allows you to upload and share video, images. and audio files within your Canvas course. You can share your media on Canvas pages, discussion board, assignments, and the Kaltura Media Gallery.
Adding Media Using the Canvas Text Editor
This is the fastest way to add a new media object (video, audio or image) into your Canvas course.
- In your Canvas course, go to Modules and click the + symbol.
- Select Page from the options.
- Press Add Item. You will be sent back to the Modules page and from here, click on the title of your new page to edit the page.
- The Canvas text page editor tool is located on several types of Canvas pages (content, discussion board or assignment page)
- Click the V symbol and select Embed Kaltura Media
- After selecting Embed Kaltura Media, a window will open showing giving you several options. From here you can add a new item by clicking Add New or select an existing media item that has been already uploaded into Kaltura.
Note: If you are uploading a new video, this step can take 5-15 minutes to publish because the video has to be optimized for streaming on the web.
- Press the Save & Publish or Save.