How to create interactive video quiz questions using Kaltura and Canvas Assignments
Kaltura offers the ability to add quiz questions to any video uploaded into Kaltura. This provides Canvas instructors a simple way to create and edit online quizzes custom-tailored to the needs of their users.
Step 1: Create Video Quiz Questions
- Go to My Media page and click on the video that you wish to add quiz questions to.
- Click Actions and select Launch Editor
- This will open up the video editor tool that allows you to trim your video, add slides or add quiz questions.
- Click on the quiz icon on the top left.
- There are several quiz settings that allow you to customize your video quiz.
- Instructors have 4 types of video questions:
– Reflection Point: Video pause with text, no points.
– Multiple Choice: Question with only one correct answer
– True/False: Questions with the choice of True or False
– Open-Ended: Students submit their answer and is graded by instructor in Canvas SpeedGrader
- Instructors can add Why or Hints to each quiz question.
Step 2: Create Canvas Assignment
- After you have created your Kaltura video quiz object, go to your Canvas course and click the Assignments tab.
- Click the Add Assignment button.
- Do not add any Kaltura content in the text-editor! You may add instructions in the assignment description.
- In thee Submission Type box, select External Tool.
- Click Find, a pop up will appear.
- Select the Kaltura Video Quiz tool.
- Select the quiz video from the pop-up window. You can use the search box to located your quiz video. Press the Select button once you located your video.
- Click Save and Publish the assignment.
- When students complete and submit the quiz, the points are automatically sent to the Canvas Gradebook for the relevant assignment and student.