Create a New Page
- Use the “Add Content” tool and select “Blank Page.”
- Write a page title (this will be what displays on the tab for that page).
- Click “Save” to add the new page to your portfolio site.
- Use the “Page Layout” tool to select a structure for your page. New pages are set up with a 1 column layout by default.
- Use the pencil icon located in the top right hand corner of the tab to edit or modify a page title if needed.
Note: Pages can be moved around in the tabs area if you want to re-organize their order by clicking and dragging and dropping them into a new location in the navigation menu. If you would like to change the placement of the tab/navigation menu from the left side of the screen to the top of the screen, you can do so in the “Settings” for the portfolio site.
Add Content to a Page
- Click on the tab for the page you want to add content to to open it up.
- Use the “Add Content” tool and select “Rich Content.”
- Select which column you want the new item to be placed into (there will only be 1 option unless you’ve selected a multi-column page layout).
- Identify the security level you want to assign to the content item (Private, University, or Public)
- Click inside of the text editor box to place your cursor, then type or paste your content into it. Use the formatting options to increase font size, change font type, and create headings or lists. You can also upload images and files or add links within a rich content item using various tools in the editor window.
- Click “Add” to save the new item to your portfolio page.
Note: If your content was already written (i.e. in a Word Document off line) you can copy and paste it into the text editor for a new content item, but will likely need to clean up the formatting.
Edit Pages or Content Items
- Click on the pencil icon in the top right-hand corner of the item you want to edit to open the editing window for it.
- Make your changes.
- Click “Submit” to save the changes.