Step 1: Create
- Click “Home” to navigate to the dashboard of your DU Portfolio account, then click the button to “Create a Community Portfolio.”
- Choose a Community Name & URL (the URL can not contain any spaces, so be sure to use an underscore instead if needed)
- Check the box agreeing to the DU Honor Code, DU Portfolio Use Policies, and Fair Use Policies, then click “Create.”
Step 2: Modify
- New communities are set up with one page titled “Home” by default. Use the “Add Content” tool to create pages and/or add content to pages of your new community portfolio.
- Click the edit icon (pencil) to change the name/security setting of a page, or make modifications to content items.
- Use the “Banner and Photo” tool to add a photo of yourself, create a portfolio banner image, and/or change the text and content properties of the top section of your community portfolio.
Step 3: Add Members
- Click the “Manage Members” link at the bottom of the page to enroll members into your community portfolio.
- Begin typing the 87# or first and last name of each member you’d like to add, then click the plus icon next to the person’s name when it pops up on the screen to add him/her to your community. Be sure to select the membership role that you want the person to have within the community.
- Managers have total control over a portfolio. They can add/edit/delete all content.
- Members can view content in a portfolio that is ‘Community’ level security. They do NOT have permission to add/edit/delete content.
- Contributers can view content in a portfolio that is ‘Community’ level security and they can add content to any page. They do NOT have permission to edit or delete any items.
- Folder Contributors can view content in a portfolio that is ‘Community’ level security and they can add content to any folder they have permission to view (pulic, community, etc). They do NOT have permission to edit or delete any items.
Step 4: Open/Publish
- Use the “Settings” tool to access additional options for tailoring your community portfolio.
- To Open your community portfolio (so it is viewable to others), click “Open/Close Portfolio” in the Community Settings, then toggle to open and click “Submit.”