Some people using Mac Safari or Google Chrome will see an error message when accessing Kaltura pages in Canvas. The message states: “It seems your browser is blocking 3rd party session cookies which are required for the Kaltura application. To resolve this issue, please update your settings to allow 3rd party cookies.“
Solution for Mac Safari
- In Mac Safari, click Safari on the top left side of your window.
- Click Preferences.
- Click Privacy.
- Uncheck the box called “Prevent cross-site tracking”.
- Revisit or refresh your Canvas My Media or Media Gallery page. You should now see the page come up without any error messages.
- Go back to Preferences and check the box called “Prevent cross-site tracking”.
- Closeout your Preferences window.
- Go back to Canvas and click Media Gallery to refresh the page, it should work now.
Solution for Google Chrome
- Go to your browser window and type chrome://settings.
- Click Privacy and Security
- Click on Site Settings
- Click on Cookies and site data.
- Here you will have two ways to turn on 3rd party cookies
A. Enable Block third-party cookies, or
B. Go to Allow and add [*]Kaltura.com. This will make an exception for Kaltura to load up in Canvas.
More information on how to enable 3rd party cookies in your browser.