- Instructor creates a video assignment in Canvas.
- Student use the Kaltura Capture software to record and upload their video.
- Student attaches their video to your Canvas assignment.
- Instructor grades the video using the Canvas Speed Grader tool in Canvas.
Create a video assignment in Canvas
- In your Canvas course, click the Assignments link in your course menu or via a course module section.
- Click the + Assignment button to add a new assignment to the group assignment block.
- The Create new assignment page is displayed. In the Assignment Name text box, type the name of your assignment.
- Type the assignment instructions in the main text box.
- In the Points text box, type the highest grade students can receive.
- In the Assignment Group drop-down list, select the group for the assignment (optional).
- In the Submission Type drop-down list, select Online.
- For the Online submission type, select Text Entry in the online entry options. Text Entry uses the Rich Content Editor, which has Kaltura upload media and embed options.
- Set the assignment due date.
- Press Save and Publish.
- Your video assignment will now be displayed in the Assignment Canvas page for students to access.
- To add a rubric, click Add Rubric if needed.
Grading your student videos
After a student has submitted their video assignment, instructors can use the Canvas Speedgrader tool to review each student’s video and any comments they added. The SpeedGrader tool allows instructors to quickly review the video, grade it and any comments for the students.