Instructional Designers at the Office of Teaching and Learning are able to assist with course design across all modalities (face-to-face, technology/web-enhanced, hybrid, or online).
We are here to collaborate with you on the creation, facilitation, and evaluation of effective instructional approaches and meaningful learning experiences. We look forward to exploring innovative design solutions with you!
Click on the headers below to expand each section for more information.
We regularly consult with instructors seeking help with new instructional strategies and technologies, pedagogical concerns, and evaluating tools for course delivery. Please contact us to set up a consultation.
We are available to discuss topics such as:
- Preparation and logistics of course design and development
- Developing learning outcomes
- Designing course syllabi
- Designing courses in (or enhanced with) Canvas
- Incorporating technologies that support instruction
- Synchronous and asynchronous instructional strategies
- Articulating what we expect from students
- Deterring plagiarism and cheating
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Course mapping and alignment
- Best practices to enhance learning experiences
The OTL offers a variety of short courses, workshops, and institutes. If you are looking for training or support on a teaching and learning topic that is not covered in our existing offerings, please let us know! Together, we have the resources to assist faculty with their technical and pedagogical needs.
Learn more about the short courses, workshops, and institutes offered by the OTL through the following links: