Zoom is a cloud-based video communications service that offers the ability to create high-quality online meetings, classes, and events that leverages Instant Messaging, video conferencing, breakout rooms, screen-sharing, and whiteboards.
Why might I use ZOOM as an instructor?
- Faculty can hold virtual office hours and invite remote guests into the classroom for a presentation.
- ZOOM is built into each Canvas course. This is the recommend method for accessing ZOOM class meeting.
- Class meetings can be recorded to allow students the opportunity to review your lecture.
- Students can meet online to chat and work on a group project.
- ZOOM has several interactive features (chat, poll questions, annotation drawing tools, breakout rooms) to get students engaged.
- Students can also create and host their own meetings for group projects.
- ZOOM can provide accessibility features (closed captions and transcript) to improve accessibility.