Canvas is the University of Denver’s Learning Management System (LMS), providing a secure environment for classes offered online, face-to-face, or a combination. Canvas is managed according to the Learning Management System Guidelines.
Canvas courses receive updated student and faculty enrollments from our Ellucian®Banner Student Information System every 2 hours from 7am to 11pm daily.
Need help with Canvas? Call (855) 712-9770 24 hours a day
Canvas User Guides – online documentation site for students and instructors developed by Canvas. The lessons are continually updated with every new release.
DU Canvas Instructor Tutorial – Self-paced tutorial within Canvas customized for DU instructors.
DU Canvas Student Orientation – If you are new to Canvas, browse through the student orientation and make sure to provide your students with a link to the Canvas Student Orientation within your syllabus and/or Canvas Course.
Canvas in OTL Knowledge Base – Includes FAQs, tech support, and information on external tools.
- Module-based content organization
- Speed-Grader application for grading papers online or mobile devices
- App Center lets instructors add functionality to their courses, including adding test questions from major textbook publishers
- Customized notifications, including email and text message alerts for students and faculty
- Integration with Google Docs and Office365 (on request)
- Free mobile apps for iOS and Android
- The University of Denver has installed several third-party tools within Canvas to give our students and instructors a more robust experience, including plagiarism checking software, integration of DU CourseMedia videos and selected tools from textbook and educational service companies.