The OTL has pulled together resources, ideas, and best practices about some of the most common teaching topics and methods. If you would like further information or do not find your questions answered here, please contact us.
Designing a course
- Accessibility and Universal Design for Learning
- Writing learning outcomes
- Creating a syllabus
- First day of class
Working with students
- Creating an inclusive classroom
- Requests for accommodations
- Mobile devices in the classroom
- The multitasking student
- Teaching international students
- Managing difficult students/situations
Assessing student learning
Advancing your teaching
Resources will be added to this page periodically. If you would like to see more information about a specific topic, please contact Bridget Arend.
- Where can I find the Academic Calendar?
- What is WebCentral? How do I access it?
- How do I get my DU email? How do I get my DU passcode?
- How do I submit book orders, course packets, or e-reserves?(One-Stop Course Materials Guide)
- What is FERPA? What do I need to know about it?
- What is the typical grading scale used at DU?
- How do I submit grades? How do I change grades?
- Where can I see my student evaluations?
- How do I view the qualitative comments from my end-of-course student evaluations?