TechSmith Relay (Lecture Capture)
TechSmith Relay is one of DU’s options for lecture capture. It allows DU faculty, staff and students to create screencasts: video recording of the computer screen, audio voiceover and an optional camera view of the presenter. Once recorded and uploaded, a sharable weblink is automatically produced and available for the video to be viewed online.
What can you do with TechSmith Relay?
You can use TechSmith Relay to:
- capture anything on your screen as well as your voice (if you use a computer microphone)
- create mini-lectures (5-10 minutes) for students to view before class, so class time can be spent on other tasks – discussions, cooperative learning activities, or Q&A sessions
- allow students to record a presentation for grading
- provide feedback on student work by recording your comments instead of writing
How can I learn more?
- TechSmith Relay accounts are issued upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account and receive a step-by-step guide to getting started.
- Get support for TechSmith Relay at the OTL Knowledge Base.
- Read the TechSmith Resource page
- Contact Benjamin Johnson or Alex Martinez for more information.